Kansas is an American rock band that became popular in the 1970s initially on album-oriented rock charts and later with hit singles such as “Carry On Wayward Son” and “Dust in the Wind”. The band has produced eight gold albums, three multi-platinum albums (Leftoverture, Point of Know Return, The Best of Kansas), one platinum live album (Two for the Show) and a million-selling single, “Dust in the Wind”. Kansas appeared on the Billboard charts for over 200 weeks throughout the 1970s and 1980s and played to sold-out arenas and stadiums throughout North America, Europe and Japan. “Carry On Wayward Son” was the second-most-played track on US classic rock radio in 1995 and No. 1 in 1997.
If you plan to see one of their shows, be sure to check their tour schedule: KANSAS Tour Schedule.
Current band members are:
- Rich Williams – lead and rhythm guitar
- Phil Ehart – drums
- Billy Greer – bass/backing vocals
- David Ragsdale – violin/rhythm guitar/backing vocals
- Ronnie Platt – lead vocals/keyboards
- David Manion – keyboards/backing vocals
- Zak Rizvi – rhythm and lead guitar/backing vocals
And then, hope you enjoy viewing those photos.
Photos courtesy of ©2017 Robert Chadwick Photography.